Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

It's a tradition now to find our fresh cut Christmas tree at the Robinson Family Tree Lot. They really do have a good selection of beautiful trees! It was snowing the day we picked out our tree which it made it even more Christmasy. Felix was not feeling well so he just sat in his stroller and took in the sights.

After we found the tree we headed over to Trolley Square to meet Santa Claus. Felix's first encounter. Didn't go so well. I think if he was feeling better he would have at least sat on Santa's lap, but alas, he wouldn't budge. His face in the pictures are a hoot! The Theurer boys look a little freaked too! Has anyone been to the newly expanded Pottery Barn? Love it, and wish I could live there.

It took a few days of flocking/spray painting the tree, stringing lights and then putting all my collected ornaments on before it was finally finished. But boy does it look stunning! I really wanted the tree to look like it had been dusted in snow this year and I think I accomplished that nicely. It's not flocked with all the sticky goopy stuff, I mostly used a can of flat white spray paint. My fingers were seriously getting frostbite while I sprayed in the freezing cold snow storm. I'm sure my neighbors were saying that crazy girl is up to something again! I did the same thing and little more heavily on my front door evergreen wreath. I added in natural silver/gray eucalyptus bell pods as well. I'm kind of a spaz and like to do different displays year to year with all my holiday decor. It's fun!

Happy Holidays!






Matt putting our beauty on the car!


NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!


Carter was happy with the sucker.

My new wool tree skirt! A steal of deal after Christmas last year at TJ Maxx!!!




1 comment:

Molly said...

your tree is perfect and your header pic is SO DARLING!! did you take that? nice shot nat:) impressive.