Monday, October 27, 2008

Massage Me


Oh man, do I have the worst trick back! Yesterday I was sitting and I could feel that little "slip" in my upper back. I immediately was in so much pain. Good thing I was with Felix in his room and I could call for my darling husband over the monitor to come help me. He cracked my back at least 3 times yesterday. Sad that I wasn't doing anything cool when I hurt my back, nope just sitting in the damn rocking chair. Note to self: work on posture! I was hurting all day long. I looked like some sort of robot cause I couldn't bend my head or turn my head either way. Pathetic! At dinner my Dad looked at me with this strange look on his face, asking if I was okay. I had to blink my eyes twice to answer that I was okay. He told me I should ice my back and neck. Ewwww, that sounds awful, I wanted to put a heating pad on. Oh no you diden't....that is the wrong thing to do. If you have a sprain or any kind of muscle spasms you ice it down sistas. Putting heat on it relaxes the injury faster, but after you take that heat away it tenses back up and spasms even worse. Take note and follow Dr. Kurt's advice. Anyhoo, I went and had the most wonderful massage tonight at Healing Mountain. My favorite "cheap" massage. I even had a graduate student, but for the regular student rate. Cha-ching! This girl did some amazing things on my neck and shoulders. I'm feeling much better and may even get to the weeding the front yard desperately needs.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Don't go over board and weed too soon! Oh, just how much is this "cheap" massage any way?
How did your party turn out?

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

Massages from Healing Mountain are $25.00 and when have gone once you get a receipt for 10% off your next massage, so that works out to $22.50!! The party was so much fun, wild!!

Molly said...

good to hear that my etsy finds were of good use to someone!

P.S. I need bronzer... and orders soon?