Saturday, June 20, 2009

Whale Wars


I've always had a life long love of whales and the ocean. I did about a thousand reports on humpback whales in elementary school! Going to Hawaii and seeing those magical creatures in the wild is unbeatable. One of my goals in life is to swim with humpback whales. Highly illegal, but I will do it someday. I came rather close with Ashlie last time in Maui, but we didn't really realize how close we were until we got back to shore and my mom told us! Awesome.

The show "Whale Wars" on Animal Planet has become one of my new favorites. I said to Matt, I think we should do something like this someday. As I watched, I said, I don't think I want to do this actually. Intense people! I have TMJ in my jaw from clenching my teeth so hard. Wow, these people are true environmentalists and they really put the well being of the whales before all else. They risk their lives to protect these awesome animals.

I urge you to watch to familiarize yourself with what is really going on in our oceans.

No comments: