Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lake Powell 2009
















Wow, what a trip to Lake Powell this year. Doesn't the craziest of things happen down in Lake Powell?! I would have to say yes! The first night of the trip, Felix became very sick. He had a VERY HIGH temperature and was seriously burning up. I gave him Tylenol but still the fever persisted. Sarah was holding him while I readied our beds up on top of the house boat. Matt was unable to make it down due to his duties at the restaurant. Sarah informed me that Felix was jerking awake every few minutes. You know when you are drifting off to sleep and you jerk awake? Well, that was what he was doing. Kinda strange because he has never done this before. I put him in his little nest of blankets, and he continued to jerk awake and cry out. I tried holding him tight but that didn't help much. I grew worried. I went and told my Dad and he came up to watch what was happening. He had me give him more Tylenol and to make sure he was kept uncovered with blankets. The jerking became worse and for longer and I seriously was freaking out!!! So glad my mom and dad were there. I was crying and wishing I was home and with Matt. I called on my Angels and protectors to help me through this scary time, I could tell they were close by watching over my sweet baby. My dad had me bring him downstairs for us to sleep close if I needed help. My mom took Felix for awhile, but I didn't sleep a wink. He continued to have jerking convulsions all night long. I was so exhausted and Felix just felt like crap. The next day he was doing much better but was lethargic and just wanted to hang onto his mommy. He had fevers for the next two days, but started to feel a bit better the last day of our trip. Whew, was I glad to get home!! We had wonderful moments though. Lake Powell is such a beautiful spot, one of my favorites on this planet. So even though we had some scary times there were peaceful times to balance it all out.

No comments: