Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Tree Hunt







Matt and I had to go get our tree again from the Robinson Family Tree lot. Last years tree was gorgeous, and this years is equally as lovely. It's so much fun to get all bundled up and search for the perfect tree. Felix wasn't quite sure what we were doing but I think he had a good time. We ran into the Bakers so it was double the fun. I have so many fond memories of going with my family and picking out a tree. It's usually my mom who is in charge... she hauls it on top of the car, gives it a fresh cut, lights it, and then we all decorate it. We always had a hodge-podge of ornaments. One's collected on vacation, given as gifts or hand made. I've then created the same kind of tree in my home today. Thanks mom for teaching me so many great things. I can't help but sit back, gazing at the beautiful tree with a steaming mug of hot cocoa and thinking of Christmas's past.

1 comment:

The Moore's said...

nat, felix's lashes in the one where he is sleeping are amazing! He is such a darling boy!