Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Fun 2008



Wow, this past Christmas was a great one. Felix's first, and boy did he have a great time. I think his favorite was playing in the paper. He was like a dolphin. I have some video to post, it's so funny to see him swirling throughout all the paper. He was in heaven. I think he liked his elmo doll as well!

Christmas eve at the Bernhisel's is always a treat. We feasted on fondue- both cheese and steak, king crab, chowder, trifle, and tiramasu. We had traditional Christmas crackers that held the funny hats and little toy treasures. It's tradition to watch some sort of Christmas movie, and this year it was "Scrooge", the old one, it's the best. It was so nice to just hang out and be with everyone on such a magical night. We were missing the Robinson side of the family, and kept wondering what they were all doing. We get to see them tomorrow though!!

Christmas morning was a delight. Felix wasn't sure what was going on, but he had a great time. Matt and I made eggnog lattes and huge cinnamon rolls and opened our gifts. We had to quickly clean up and head up to my parents to exchange gifts and have more breakfast. More cinnamon rolls, grapefruit, crepes, fruit salad, coffee and juices. We were all stuffed! My Mom and Dad gave us all Nutcrackers or Smokers and one German ornament. It's one of their new traditions they have started. The Theurer boys got all sorts of loot and Allison was gifted with a new ibook laptop. She is one lucky gal! After my Mom's (are you tired yet?) we went out to my Aunt Lisa's house for lunch and to do the cousin book exchange and white elephant gifts. I think the favorite was the Ute thong and a snow globe with my Uncle Bob's picture. We ate more, my favorite was the lox and bagels my mom brought and visited with everyone. The snow started to fly so off we went to snuggle on Christmas in our own cozy house.

No comments: