Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sick Day


Oh my goodness, what a horrible Friday we had in the Robinson household! The stomach flu hit Matt and I at the same time late Thursday night. Thankfully before the flu hit, we had a wonderful festive evening dining at the Dodo and seeing Kurt Bestor in concert. Love that guy! Anyway, we had to trade off taking care of Felix who is teething and finishing up his own bout of sickness, while running to the bathroom. People, it was not a pretty sight! Poor Matt even went to work and I struggled to stay alive all morning long. Praise the lord for my Mom and Dad!! She came and got Felix in the afternoon (Matt was home by then) and we slept the day away. What a huge help that was. Happy to report that we are doing much better today. I forgot to post this picture of my Kris Kringle present from my Mom. She hand-made this advent calendar for our little family. I have such fond memories of the same calendar growing up. All my sisters would fight over who got to "pick-out" the pocket for the day, and there was even a bigger fight for who got to put the star on top of the tree. My mom always put the star in pocket 24, so that's what I'll do! My Mom started making these felt calendars when she was a young mother, and sold them in my Aunts gallery in Trolley Square. Sassy and Erika's mom even bought one from her, we figured this out in elementary school while seeing the calendar in their house. I can't wait to see my kids grow and have many fond memories of the felt advent calendar during Christmastime.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Darling calendar!
Glad you're feeling better.

E said...

I love it!! Would your mom make another one? Kristin and Sassy will probably fight over the one we have :) Glad you're better. The paperwhites are beautiful and smell so good!