Monday, August 11, 2008

Albion Basin Breakfast


this is the entire group!

Grandpa Ted & the Grandkids

Wildflowers!

Grandma Barbara

Betsy making the eggs.
A few weeks ago the Bernhisel family went up to Albion Basin for a breakfast cookout and hike. This was a really special breakfast because we were going to scatter G-G's ashes up on the wildflower covered hillsides. This was where she wanted to be, amongst the forget-me-not's. We had a killer breakfast and did a great hike up to Secret Lake. Half way up we had a prayer, and then each of us grabbed a handful of ashes and went our separate ways. This was such a hard, yet wonderful thing to do. I found a patch of flowers and laid the ashes to rest. Tears welled up and I couldn't help but weep. I knew my Glorious Grandmother was right there with me. Albion Basin is one of G-G's favorite spots, so I'm glad it's so close by. We even saw a great big bull moose...so amazing! I fill so blessed to have such a loving family. Matt's parents happen to come into town, so they joined us for the breakfast. It was great having them come along.

No comments: