Sunday, November 25, 2007

Youth Making A Difference





Just wanted to pass on some information on where my little sister Sarah is spending her next few weeks....India. She is with a great organization called Youth Making A Difference. Please check out the website and you can read about everything she is doing. www.ymad.org I'm so proud of you Sarah! Here is a journal entry from one of the group leaders....so amazing!

Hello Everyone,
I don't think I will ever get over the poverty and joy of this country. Today I went to the hospital and had them take me to the pediatric ward. Many beds had 2 children in them passing infection back and forth. The labor and delivery would make you cry. It has many women delivering at a time on filthy cots next to each other. No epidurals. Eli thinks he is on a movie set and any moment Steven Spielberg is going to come out and say "cut" and then they will get rid of the filth and poverty and return it to the "real world". It is very surreal for the teens and adults as well. They are all physically and emotionally spent. They are in the orphanages all day playing with the children and working on projects. They are in love with the children. I will have to do a bag check to make sure they don't pack any children in their bags to take home with them. God bless America!

No comments: