Monday, August 3, 2009

Pioneer Day 09











Oh how I love the 24th of July, AKA.... Pioneer Day. It's so funny how the 24th is a bigger celebration then the 4th of July. I heard a rumor that Sugarhouse Park is no longer doing fireworks on the 4th, what's up with that!? We had a little shindig over at our house to celebrate the long pioneer trek in the valley of Salt Lake. I wanted it to be a costume party, but the July heat would even be more miserable in a bonnet and large skirt. So, I opted for homemade ice cream, water balloon fights, sparklers, and cold beverages. After dinner we walked up to 700 East to watch the spectacular firework display. Boy, the crazies seriously come out of the woodwork on Pioneer Day.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yeah, just like the crazies come out to Walmart.

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

Oh I know! I hate Walmart. I have found that they have a few really good prices on certain items, but other then that I try to avoid that place. I wish there was a Target a bit closer!