Saturday, August 22, 2009

Another Good One at the Lake....

Boy are we lucky to go up to Bear Lake and spend so much time relaxing and having fun with family. This past August trip was no exception. I even got to celebrate my 32nd birthday up at the cabin!! Woo-hoo, that is always fun. I haven't had my birthday up at the cabin since I turned 21. I remember my mom had to scramble and find me a birthday cake- so it was The Little Mermaid theme. Cuters. My aunt Lisa took me to a bar up in Bear Lake West, but we scrammed out of there fast because there were some serious creepy dudes. Ha! So much has changed since 21. Wow, it's great to think back about how much fun my 20's were. Wouldn't change a thing.

On my birthday, Matt took us out into the lake to go carp fishing. Oh no, this is not just regular carp fishing....this is carp fishing on the fly rod! Matt hooked one and he handed me the rod to reel the sucka in. This guy was a monster, and a fighter and he snapped the line right off. Boo! I think my Dad had a good time wading in the water hunting carp. If you spotted one you froze and shouted "code black". The code black was my suggestion :) I think Matt caught a 25" carp and it might have been bigger. The waters of Bear Lake are SO blue. It felt like we were out snorkeling off the shores of Maui. I'm serious! The water is that blue, and in August the water is warm.

Good times!












3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! I think it's on the 16th or near there? Glad you have had such a fun summer - so many vacations. Bear Lake is a vacation spot from my childhood. Cool pics.

Cynthia said...

Oh, I have more comments...here is a birthday tribute to you! Thanks for being my friend since about the age of 11, is that right? We had some good years where I felt like such a chum with you. I just love that we still keep in touch! I especially love: rose rally's, making up songs on the keyboard, various location of me peeing my pants, laughing and laughing at that one spot in Romancing the Stone, and that silly Fifal the mouse or rodent thing impression we would always do...thanks for the years of smiles! I wish you the best 32nd year! Trust me, it's seriously the best.... ;0
Now I'm almost nearing 33....

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

Oh Cynthia, what a kind friend you are. Those are all my same favorite memories!!! We would seriously have the best time together. Rose rally's were so awesome, until your mom busted us. Remember how we would dry the rose buds in your downstairs storage area? Ha! Let's do something soon!!! XO