Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Felix's #1






I can't believe that my little Felix was born a year ago today. It seems like it's been ages ago, but also it seems like this first year has gone by so fast. Too fast. Holding that little 5-pounder for the first time is so vivid in my mind. I'll never forget it. Figuring out how to nurse him, change him, hold him, bathe him, swaddle him was so scary for the first time. That first night home I could hardly sleep because I was so nervous and anxiety ridden. I laugh at myself thinking about it. Felix was a new mothers dream. A good sleeper and a mild easygoing attitude that has remained. I'm so lucky! We did have some problems though...I had a hard time nursing and felt bad because my milk was low-fat and he struggled gaining weight. Once we started adding in formula along with breast milk things were much better. I nursed up to 8 months. As I'm writing this I'm thinking back to last year at this same time. I was probably laying in the hospital with my epidural, just waiting. Whew, those contractions hurt so bad! Ouch. I still remember what it felt like. Then at 8:32 Felix arrived. What bliss!

This first year with Felix has been such a joy. Watching him grow has been so exciting! He changes all the time, and I know that won't change anytime soon. We have done so many fun things together and I wish I could document each moment. I've done pretty good with photo albums and keepsake boxes! This is a list of some of the highlights of this past year that we have done together.

Top 10:
#10) Swimming in Grandma's pool
#9) Hiking in St. George
#8) Dancing with you at the Jack Johnson concert
#7) Many, many walks...just you and me
#6) Snuggling in bed in the morning
#5) Sharing Eggo's for breakfast
#4) Rocking you late at night
#3) Dancing, Dancing, Dancing all over the place
#2) You learning to kiss me
#1) Hugging and snuggling with me and Dad

I love you my darling little doodle bug in a doodle rug!

XO

No comments: