Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Diners Drive-In's & Dives


Have you ever watched triple D on the Food Network? Oh my, I love that show. I makes me so hungry whenever I watch it. It's one of Matt's favorite shows as well. We love when he highlights places in New Mexico and Utah. Guy (the crazy host) has actually gone to many different places here in Salt Lake which is always very exciting! They highlighted Blue Plate Diner, Ruth's Diner, Moochies, & Pat's bbq. Hmmmmm, we love bbq so we had to try Pat's! Not sure how we have missed this place for so long. It.is.so.good. Yum-yum-yum, and funny enough the restaurant is so close to our house! It's kind of a sketchy looking place on the outside but inside it's bbq heaven, with a nice dining area and outdoor patio. They even have live music. Bbq so good you will slap yo momma (that is what a sign said) :)

Matt's dad came into town for business and we decided we would try Pat's out with him. We were silent while we ate. We used about a roll of paper towels each. The ribs are HUGE and the brisket was so smokey and tender. I had the mustard greens as a side and I couldn't stop eating it. I recommend Pat's for all you bbq fans! I think I would like to take my parents down there or even Jaason and Erika.

The next stop on our DDD adventure is a burger drive-in place called the Burger Barn. It's out in the BFE somewhere, I'll have to look it up but the food looked great! Happy Eating!!!

3 comments:

Kate, Brian and Hazel said...

Deee.lish...I can't believe i never got to eat there. We will have to go fo sure! I've been on a burger kick too lately:) btw burger barn, is like in Hooper or Roy. Some peeps i worked with at Resto lived out there and said it was a.maz.ing! Toodeloo:)

Cynthia said...

Another place Guy did was Lone Star, the taco place in Ft. Union. Well my husband happened to be there with his work buddies and was on the show! It's a really great place, Jer goes there all the time, I can tell by his breath if he's been there.

elisabeth said...

I love that show too. We also love Pat's BBQ, but do you know who's smoked meat is even better??? Jesse's! Believe it or not we don't even go to Pat's anymore cause he has perfected it. Still do love Pat's though. This post made me hungry!!