Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sunny St. George














Oh my did my soul get refueled down in St. George last week! 6 Days of sunny 80 degree weather. Aahhhhh. I don't know what it is about St. George, but I love it. It doesn't have loads of great shopping, or millions of restaurants, but I would rather go to St. George than Vegas any time. I know, I know, some people probably think I'm crazy! It's not about eating at IN'N'Out, or Wagon Wheel, it's just the way I feel down in Southern Utah. It's spiritual and uplifting.

I had a strong moment of clarity while hiking in Snow Canyon. It's like those red mountains spoke to me, well I guess they always speak to me. I think this is why I chose to be married in St. George and find it a favorite getaway. Something about the desert just sucks me in.

We really did have some fun times this trip. Felix loves being outdoors and he really enjoyed all the hiking and playing on the golf course. His walking skills really improved out wondering on the links. A great hike we found was just outside of Leeds. Matt and I had done it before, but we took Ashlie to check it out and then the rest of the family the next day. You have to use a rope and little carved out footholds to get across a waterfall and gorgeous green pool. Felix got a little nervous dangling over the water, he did a soft little scared cry. This place really is da bomb. So untouched and lovely. Too bad it was spring break and there were more people than usual. Next time we go on this hike we want to take swimming suits, lunch and just kick back and splash all day long.

My Dad went down because he was playing in a golf tournament and I want to say that he won the tourny. Go Dad, you rock the Senior Division!! He also treated us all to massages and Matt to a day of golfing at Sand Hollow. What a guy! Here are some pictures of our adventures.

1 comment:

The Moore's said...

what a great trip! Wish we were there too!