Friday, May 30, 2008

Ashlie in Ecuador




I wanted to post some cool pics that Ashlie sent from her trip in Ecuador. She is there doing a humanitarian internship, working her bunz off. I'm so proud of her! This is some excerpts for one of her emails...
"Hola todos, I am sorry that I haven’t written in a while. On Sunday I returned from Baños, a small city about an hour from Riobamba. Baños means bathroom or bath, and this city got this name due to the hot springs that it has turned into a huge public hot tub. The hot water is supplied by Mnt. Tung which is still a very active volcano. The city is beautiful, and much cleaner than it is here. At the same time it has a lot more tourism and therefore everything was twice the price. I had a blast though. The city is surrounded by the volcano and other towering mountains that seem to carry a constant mist. In fact it is was so cloudy that we actually never were able to view the volcano. The city is also famous for its taffy which they make out on the street. The taffy is actually quite repulsive in my opinion but it was fun to watch them make it."

No comments: